Suit Up it's a New Year!
Tips and Tricks for Corporate Men's Suits
Greetings from Brisbane Headshots!
Here in New Farm, we're well-and-truly back in to the swing of things. We don't know about you, but our holidays seem like just a distant sunny memory. Getting stuck back in to work had us thinking about our wardrobe, and what we can do to improve it this year. Servicing our wide array of fantastic corporate clients, we're privy to the ins-and-outs of some great suiting 'round Brisbane (not to mention the occasional fashion faux pa). So we've put together some tips and tricks we've learnt along the way that we'll be applying to our own wardrobes, and thought we'd share with you too.
What we've learnt:
- First and foremost FIT IS PARAMOUNT
- If you're looking like Mr Bean, or the incredible shrinking boy, GO VISIT YOUR TAILOR
- Likewise, when you cup your hands, your sleeves should sit at or above the hem of your jacket
- 1 suit all year round isn't going to cut it: wear cotton in summer, tweeds and wool in winter
- The mark of a gentleman is in the exposed cuff
- For a simultaneously classic, yet modern look opt for a two-button suit with a fairly narrow lapel
- Throw out those old wide leg trousers, trim pants are in to stay, and more flattering that you'd think
- By all means, experiment with the patterned suit, but keep it SUBTLE, thin stripes, or a smart check
- Lastly, bespoke tailoring is an investment, not extravagance
Here's an infographic for the visual type. Visit our Pinterest for more corporate fashion - http://www.pinterest.com/brisheadshots/mens-corporate-style/
Your friends at Brisbane Headshots.